Even though we will not organize an in-person New Year Party, we will publish Ottawa Chautari in digital format. We, therefore, would like to request our community members to submit article(s) by March 20, 2021 for the upcoming NCAO’s newsletter “Ottawa Chautari”. We will include the articles received last year for Ottawa Chautari which we could not publish at that time.
Article can be written on any aspects, themes or topics. The article(s) should be in any of these three languages: Nepali, English or French. Some of the categories we would like to suggest but not limited to are:
· Motivational and inspiring stories
· Your experiences in Canada (academic, cultural or social)
· Your experiences in Nepal (more relevant to those who grew up in Canada or in the western hemisphere and went back to Nepal for a visit)
· Reverse culture shock (something interesting you experienced while traveling back to Nepal)
· How-to articles (something that will be helpful to newcomers, students, aspiring entrepreneurs, etc.)
· Any journalistic or academic article (an exploration of topic/story/issue that has captured the hearts or attention of readers, especially in Nepal or Canada)
· Nepali Food Recipes (your mum’s hidden culinary secrets)
· Short-stories, Essays, Poem (Muktak, Gazal, Geet, Haiku, Cartoon, Laghu-natak, etc)
· New Year wishes, etc.
NCAO has set aside $100 for the best “Youth Article”. This competition is open to all participants under the age of 22 years.
If you have any questions regarding the publication, please contact Ms Susma Dhakal at email@example.com, Yogendra Bhattarai at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Kamal Koirala at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your article.
PS: If you would like your article to be drawn for competition, please remember to write ‘For Youth Award’ in the subject line. Please submit your articles to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 20, 2021. The editorial board has sole discretion regarding the publication’s content.